View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #11
SoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis
It's like anything....the more you obsess about it, the more you will find negative press to bak up your fears....like plane crashes or cancer or....I was the same way when I first bought mine ('01 Boxster) but now I just try to enjoy the hell out of it and take very good care of it.
I was the same way. I freaked out when I found this site after buying my 01. Luckily the dealer OK'd my IMS, repaired anything it needed, so now I just drive it.

My dad did get scared out of buying one though after surfing this and a couple other sites. He was going to trade his 03 350z for a 04 05 box, but opted to keep it after hearing about the IMS issue. I tried to tell him that you're really only hearing from the people that have the issue and that all the satisfied owners usually go unnoticed, just like with anything. But the damage was already done.

It seems like if you just get the PPI done, change the oil every 5k, and have the preventative maintanance done, they'll drive for a long time. So at that point, what's the difference between this and any other car?