View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
yelojkt

This is so true. I could buy a $10,000 boxster put an additional $10,000 in suspension and engine upgrades and smoke a $60,000 spyder on almost any track.[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure. You would probably need the 10K just to get an equivalent motor in there. The PDK is the closest thing yet to a Cup car synchronous gearbox, and the modern PASM sport suspension is very sophisticated. A well sorted 3.6L motor into my car with GT3 arms, JRZ shocks, tarett sways would be closer to $30k total, and you still have a 12 year old car. If the two cars were the same weight on the same tires it would be a very close race. The new Boxster S PDK really is that good.[/QUOTE]

Yes all this is true but that is not what I am saying. Most guys who buy a porsche never drive it anywhere near its limit. All of us on these forums know that most porsche (or any expensive sports car) owners never drive their car to it's full potential. I have passed some really fast cars at Hallett in my Beetle Why? Because I drive the hell out of my car, where as someone with a new porsche in most cases are reluctant to push it. Just look at harry's video of him leaving a 997 at Sebring. Now I'm sure if you put him in the 997 it would be faster. So what I am saying is you can have alot of fun and go really fast in an older car.

PS. I have passed numerous mustangs and Z1 corvettes at Hallett but I have also been passed by spec miatas who can't lose me in the straights but walk all over my beetle in the corners. There is just no way to balance the NB without destroying it as a daily driver, and even then it would be hard if not impossible. That is why I am buying a boxster, I want the balance.
Caractere kit seam sealed, Caractere rear wing, 1 3/4" drop on coilovers, 235/40/18 Kuhmo XS on 18x8 Millie Miglia Spider II's, H2sport spindles, H&R front Sway bar, O-bar rear torsion, VF Eng. motor mounts, G60 12# flywheel, Nuespeed P-flow intake, Forge DV, Samco IP, Custom K04 turbo and Upsolute chip, 4 bar fpr, TT 2 1/2" SS DP, 2 1/2" custom stainless exhaust no muffler, Peleguin LSD, B&M SS, Momo 14" wheel, R32 steering rack.
yelojkt is offline   Reply With Quote