View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Topless
Track rat

Garage
2011 Box S & Panamera Hot Laps

We had a performance driving event last weekend at the historic Pomona Fairplex race track. PCNA came out to play with us sporting a 2011 Box S PDK, a Base Panamera PDK and a pair of Grand Am professional race car drivers. What a Hoot! I got a ride last June in the Panamera S and Boxster Spyder so I was interested in the comparisons.

I really liked the Box S a lot. It is a giant leap in technology compared with my 12 yr old 2.5L 5spd. The PDK is flawless, 300ish HP is exactly right for this car, and the suspension is very sophisticated. Performance is really very close to the Box Spyder in every way. I love the look of the Spyder but reality requires me to have a real top. The track we ran is pretty wide open allowing a driver to use all of their HP. My car with R-comp tires still has higher ultimate grip but the 2011 Box S with Grand Am driver easily drove around me twice. Would I own one ? Yes I would.

The Panamera is pretty amazing too once you are inside. A luxury 4 door with outstanding performance. It too had 300 hp, flawless PDK, and excellent driving dynamics. The down side? Standing next to it I am forced to avert my eyesight. This is not a beautiful car. I have no artistic eye but there is just something wrong with the way it looks. Not the car for me.