View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #11
Gary H

LOL, thanks for the comments...I think

The point I was trying to make was that most of my mods have a purpose, or are an enhancement, or are genuinely useful. Be it for driving, for comfort or for track.

The point I was trying to make is that I DRIVE my car, not polish it every day or wince if there's the slightest drop of rain and leave it covered up in my Garage...and yet, almost without thinking have modded it (quite extensively) without it looking like Dogs Dinner.

The point I was trying to make is that it's all to easy lose track of everything you've done to your car to enhanced it just that little bit...and value?! Don't go there - I wouldn't have started if I was interested in resale value!

Vipola, I don't really understand how you can come across so negatively and then end with 'don't take it personally'!! How else would you take it? Attention seeking? Trust me, I've been there, done that - you may have heard of a small US forum called VWVortex? Well to have your Golf voted the best car on there - especially as I'm in the UK is a pretty big thing. Previously to that I had a 5-series BMW with an outrageous bodykit that even WCC (if they'd been around) would have been proud of, and in it I built a World-renowned Stereo system...but have now come full circle - from All Show and no go , to full-on Go with a little show

So, no. No attention seeking sought, but modding is my blood - so if anything I've discovered, anything I've done can help anyone else it' my pleasure to do so.

Oh - if you did lose your lighter and wanted to fill the hole (and didn't smoke) what would you do?

More than happily share the part number with you
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote