View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab00m
I do have resources to pay some1 to check car when needed and keeps it up clean and do maintenance...same is whit my golf,I visit my mechanic regularly and it runs up great....

Being an enthusiast does not mean You have to know everything before you buy it You can learn it as you go or just enjoy yourself and pay for that joy to mechanic

When I said I'm not into cars I meant I dont have nerv and time to study the engine or similar things.....I own few cars next to my Golf which is a daily ride....so from that point of view I'm enthusiast in means of enjoying it
I wasn't implying you can't afford to pay someone else to work on your car or that you can't learn for yourself along the way. Many people are drawn to cars like these, they are great cars and very sexy but I've found that the average car owner who is "not into cars" does not have the patience or the love of cars to put up with the care necessary to maintain these cars. I'd be surprised if more than 10% of car owners wax their cars more than once a year. They're not going to research if 10W30 or 10W40 is better, it's all the same. When I used a lint roller to clean my top and I HAD to get RaggTopp, my wife and her sisters thought I was a freak. I get the same reaction when I regularly polish my plastic rear window. I guess my point is you really have to love cars if you're going to spend the time we do on these Boxsters. I don't know where you stand, heck I don't know you at all but when you said you're "not into cars" that said alot.
You've set your eyes on a 986 so do extensive research and get one! My car runs great but I keep researching to prepare for when (not if) my car breaks. I certainly cannot afford to go to my mechanic for everything and there's alot I still do not know. That's why I'm always here! Between this site, Renntech, Flat6Innovation, Pelican, Pedro, Mike Focke, and many others you can get alot of information on the Boxster.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote