View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
damelioj17

Aftermarket Head Unit and now NO am reception!

All:

HELP!

I recently installed a Kenwood KIV-700 which is a great single DIN receiver. I also have the add-on HD module (Kenwood KTC-HR300). Everything works great on the receiver exception that I now have NO am reception. FM reception works great and it picks up HD on FM no problem. I think I've done my due diligence here:

1. I have hooked up the power lead wire for the antenna from the HU to pin 5 of the black harness. This is a blue wire from my HU and I mated it to the Metra harness I'm using. The black plug in the car then plugs into the Metra.

2. I've double checked and from what I can tell, no grounding issues. Also, all other wiring works great (i.e. dimmer, memory on HU is fine after ignition is turned off, etc.)

3. AM reception was FINE with my old Becker CDR-220.

4. I have not tried the "AM antenna hack" listed on several boards because the AM reception worked fine with the stock Becker HU.

I'm at a loss here, guys. When I say there is zero AM reception, there is ZERO. Just a whining noise with a lot of static on every station. Again, from what I can tell, the amp antenna IS getting power.

This is a shame because it's such a great HU otherwise.

Any thoughts, tips, etc. are greatly appreciated!

JD
damelioj17 is offline   Reply With Quote