Thread: spoiler help
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
tuanle16

spoiler help

hey guys, can someone help me? i have an 02 boxster. the spoiler will go up, but one arm (driver's side) won't go down. i was told by a mechanic looking at it that it was the actuator. but when i called pelican parts for a price quote, he states that it sounds more like a ram issue. what are your thoughts? the reason i am asking is that i don't entirely have faith in the mechanic working on it now. i brought it in for a exhaust rattling noise. they took it apart and couldn't find anything, yet they still charged me for labor. however, when i drove it home, it still made the rattling noise and now the spoiler doesn't function. i took it back to them and they said it was fixed. when i went to pick it up, it was NOT fixed. so now they tell me that the actuator had failed. perhaps just coincidence, but it's frustrating. and now that i am doing a price quote, the sales rep states that it is likely a different issue. i don't want to pay this guy to replace something to find out that it was a different issue.
tuanle16 is offline   Reply With Quote