View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:58 AM   #7
Pat

Whoa, I didn't realize Zev was still around. I thought he skipped town after pissing everyone off. Was he just back in town visiting, or did he change his name and identity again?
Mark is a buddy of mine. Going over to his place today, in fact. I bet I've seen your A8 in his shop, with as much time as I spend there. Yes, I've driven his 3.6 in two states so far: OEM exhaust and non-OEM exhaust. He mentioned he wanted a few people to drive it before and after to gauge diffrences. It's pretty funny you're one of them, too.
What's your username on QW? I'm on there more than here, as many of my close friends are there. It's more of a social thing for me than car-related thing. I'm actually having lunch with the guy that bought my A4 on Monday. I miss that thing. It was very nicely set up. I think it was faster around a track than the Boxster.
I haven't done anything with PCA yet. A couple people have strongly encouraged me to get involved, and I probably will some time. Maybe I should go to a couple of their events to "test drive" the organization. Do they allow that before joining?
Many years ago all my track time was at SCR or Pueblo just on open days. This year I joined NASA and have been instructing for them. By doing so, I get free track time. At this point my thirst for driving fast is satisfied by the ~10 days I get with them, so I'm not overly excited to go pay $200 or whatever it is to track with another organization. I really like how NASA is run, and hear from others that moved from other groups to NASA that they really like how the events are run. In the end, I just don't have a big motivating force to change anything. That said, I am still curious about PCA and would love to meet more local Porsche guys, as most people I know are into Audis.
Beers some time?
Pat

Gareth