View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #11
eslai

I think far too many people get hung up on "brands" in this world. I see it in the audiophile world as well. On the flipside, I know a lot of guys that build their own enclosures and have DIY home audio setups that sound awesome. Brands mean nothing to me--the system is entirely unnoticeable in my car, until you open your ears.

I've seen the MTX woofers in the shop that are missing the logos. I doubt they do that to hide the name--I mean the molded "MTX" logo space is still right in the center of the cone--it's not like they're fooling anyone with that. My initial assumption was that they probably bought a batch off of MTX in some sort of deal that didn't allow them to have the logo badge. You see stuff like that all the time in wholesale, but I don't know the answer to that really.

I also have seen all the McIntosh stuff they have lying around. They've used a lot of different components over the years.

In any case, it's the sound that's important to me. Using just an SWS shallow 8" woofer, a couple of extra tweeters, a custom amp, the stock Bose porsche stuff and their knowledge, my car sounds amazing. I am not trying to have the loudest car in the neighborhood, just one that can play music well.