View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Frodo

FWIW, I've had my Box for just over 4 years now and have never had a front tag on it...and I've never been pulled over for it. I have gotten pulled for a speed limit infraction but, even then, the guy did not write me up on the lack of a front tag. (In fact, he didn't even mention it.)

I don't live in Cleveland (closer to Akron), so I don't know if they are more inclined to enforce it up there or not. But, I've certainly been in Cleveland many times and, again, I've never been stopped because of having no front tag.

In fact, after maybe a year of driving the Boxster sans front tag, I decided to pull the front tag off my DD (a '96 Camry). So I've been driving it that way as well. Again, I've had no issues with law enforcement with that car either.

I just don't think they much enforce it. The one argument against going without it? If they ever felt like pulling you over for the heck of it, they could use that as a justification to stop you. Just hasn't happened to me...so far! That's fortunate, because I hate the look of the Box with a front tag.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote