View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
twest

Ah, the well crafted $2400 reality check...

Thank you Mike!

The private seller definitely has an inflated view at $23K, and this (potential) buyer was definitely getting enamored of such a low mileage cherry. Since the seller has indicated in emails that he strongly feels it's fairly priced, I have a feeling this is going to be a case of "never the twain shall meet."

I had planned to review the details of the extended warranty, but your additional suggestion of researching co. viability and talking to a mechanic is an excellent one that didn't occur to me.

And while I'm in thanks mode, you've probably heard it hundreds of times, but you've done a great service to consumers with your website. Quite an incredible compilation of info that would have taken any lay person weeks or months to assemble.

So... A pleasure to get your wise input, Mike. Thank you for taking the time and perhaps I'll drop you a line when I have a more promising and compelling Boxster story...

Side note -
I imagine most of you have already seen this, but an interesting article on VW and Porsche marriage in the NY Times...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/business/29porsche.html
twest is offline   Reply With Quote