View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #10
Franco

Hi, Update on rear passenger side noises.

My friend installed a car lift at his machine shop and told me I can use it anytime I needed to work on any of my vehicles, so guess what, up goes the Boxster

I removed all the plastic panels under the car and did a visual inspection to see if anything was loose and could be the cause for noises, the following is what I discovered.

1- There were 5 broken plastic brackets used for separating, holding and keeping hoses from rattling, solution Tie-raps and foam pads.

2- There is a flimsy plate on the passenger side only about 10 inches above the spark plug coils that is held in place with 1 screw,
I tapped it with a screwdriver and couldn't believe the rattling noise it made, reason was it had bent downwards and was hitting the car chassis, solution was to push it upwards about a 1/2 inch.

3-When hitting the right front tire there was a noise (ex.. metal to metal ) coming from the rack and pinion area, but when I held down on the rod coming out of the pinion Boot no more noise, solution I have no idea, maybe someone here has an idea .

4- All the protective plastic panels under the car could use some tightening up,
solution I used some self drilling 1/2 long screws and fastened them together where they join and overlap.

For the rest everything was as tight and solid as my honeymoon

Oh almost forgot no loose screws
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote