View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
Perfectlap

I pass a 360 every day (silver). The more I think about it the more I think I'm more likey to find a Porsche that's higher up the performance category than going with another brand. For one thing Ferraris are beautiful but its simply not a car for someone who will drive it in its natural habitats (track/autocross/DE) unless they've got some serious cash to blow on weekend warrior pursuits. One guy in my local club has a Scuderia (my "dream" car), he took it in for the first time for brake pads and they told him no dice the whole $10K rotor has to go. what's Italian for Fragile?
Now granted their not carbon rotors but contrast that to just about any Boxster, Cayman or Carrera with traditional brakes (more than plenty) that you can service or swap for track use in your garage in oh...20 minutes. Not to mention the redesigned IMS on 2009 and newer P-cars makes me a lot more confident to spend big dollars. It's hard to beat the dry sump engine block in the GT's and Turbos too. They were meant to be pounded.

I guess my point is that unless your Fissichella driving for Risi Ferrari the Porsche is just the best of both worlds practical on the street and made for racing.

p.s.
I'd rather have a CaymanS on motons, r-comps and maybe even a big engine upgrade than a rear engine Carrera, a big heavy Carrera Turbo or an impractical in cold/wet weather GT3.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-20-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote