View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
MrMagica

New Owner - Handling Advice?

Hi all. Recently I decided to give up bikes, sell my jet ski and finally get rid of my incredibly mundane Audi A3. Was just about to buy a Honda S2000 - when I noticed a few Boxsters for sale, I thought surely I cant afford one of them!

However 4 days later and I'm the proud owner of a 2001 Boxster S in stunning condition. Driving it yestrday I realised I havn't been so happy to be driving since i was 18 and passed my test - 10 years ago!

I fully intend to get it on a track, and try to keep safe on the roads, however I like to push it occassionally - what should i expect? Note: it came with traction control which i've left on!

I hit a few roundabouts in the damp, seemed to get a slight tailside when the Traction Control light lit up. After that I seemed to pretty much get very slight 4 wheel slide and pretty much understeer - is this to be expected with traction control on?

Any advice and input on how the boxster handles in differnt conditions, with TC ON AND OFF??!

I'm going to drive pretty carefully though, I think I've jsut found my pride and joy!
MrMagica is offline   Reply With Quote