View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
JohnLathrop

Tormented by Headlight issue

I am having continuous issues with my headlights on my 03 S, non Litronic set up.

The first issue came up when lamps no longer came on when you turn the lamp switch. This also presented with lack of control over wipers, A/C and a few other problems. Read the forums and replaced the ignition switch. [B]Everything worked again!

Second issue presented when you had to throw/turn the headlight switch several (like 20) times before the headlights would engage properly. Again i reviewed the wealth of info on this site and took the advice of replacing the headlight switch assembly. Problem resolved!

Now a new issue has decided to come forward and torment me once again! Randomly when the Boxster is on, either in motion or parked, and the headlights are engaged the drivers side lamp goes out. If I notice that it has gone out I can quickly get it back on by turning off the headlights and turning them back on. I figure if the bulb were spent then it wouldn't reengage as it does.

I am at a loss for what the next step should be for a fix and have no idea how to proceed. Any thoughts?