View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
John Y

Now lets pretend I'M shopping...I see an '05 - the MOST attractive of all (well, the 05-08s are) Boxster variants.

I do agree though, that it is most likely the economic/financial factors cited below by MikeFocke that may make the car slow to sell; I mean, a high-end, two-seat, mid engined, rear drive roadster is about as discretionary as an automobile purchase can get. I agree that your price is fine, based on the research I did and the price I ended up paying for my CPO 05 S earlier in the year: yes, in Spring.

Having said, that, I would offer a few comments:

1. It's only been a week, that's nothing! I've sold two roadsters before, my TT, and my old Boxster, and both took a little while to get going.

2. Craigslist may not be the best place for such listings, though that may be different in your area - here, it wouldn't be the first place I'd look. I definitely recommend Autotrader. And if you look in the classifieds on this site, you'll see that there aren't that many cars for sale, (and almost all 986s, usually) or very much responding traffic. You might try Planet 9 (started off as a 987 site) or Rennlist, too, to improve your odds.

3. I might even delete the reference to and pictures of the crease/scuff in the top - most of them get that after a few years, though (I'm told) this is very unlikely to actually lead to a perforation. Other than that your top appears in good shape, so many potential buyers (especially non Porsche, non-roadster experienced, non-enthusiast types) won't even notice it. And if you got the dealer to fix it under warranty, that's great - you're doing better than most.

Shame that you're selling it, but good luck with the sale. A silver 987 just says 'Boxster' to me, more than any other.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote