View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #19
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
If your in Medina call Laylands in N. Canton. I do all my maintenance for the most part but if I ever run into trouble again, I would take my car there in a minute.

1132 30th St NE
Canton, OH 44714
(330) 455-8841‎

I concur.

Had to replace axle boots on both sides. He ('Rick') at Laylands quoted prices to either repair the originals or to totally replace the axles, the replacement cost actually being less than the repair cost. Seemed like a no-brainer, I opted to replace.

Then I started asking questions I should have asked right off the bat, especially who manufactured the axles. Needless to say, it wasn't Porsche. It was some Chinese company--Rick told me he had had good luck with them for years, but I was uncomfortable with the idea of giving up the OEM Porsche axles for those, but by now they had already been ordered and had arrived. I expressed my concern and offered to pay shipping to send the Chinese ones back, but he said "Nope, don't worry about it." I really expected him to give me a hard time about changing my mind at that point. He didn't, not at all.

They did a good job at a reasonable rate. I recommend them.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote