View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Gforrest2

Got up early this morning to explore the new car. Figured a couple of things out. Looks like when you first switch the ignition on, there's a countdown timer (fuel pump pressurization?). So now I wait until this counts down before cranking the starter. But my problem was I wasn't pressing the clutch pedal down far enough (duh).

With the humps (don't know if they're factory or aftermarket (the storage bags say Porsche) I see they strap on to the roll bar. I didn't figure this out yesterday because of the mesh insert and clear wind deflector. I see now that these just pop out. But I imagine they'll still bounce around a bit, so I'm going to need something on the bottom to keep them from scratching the paint.

Looks like the car arms the alarm when you walk away from it (horn sounds).

Still need to figure out how to get the remote trunk/hood release to work. Maybe this is an option my car doesn't have.

Also need to figure out the lever in front of the seat rake adjustment knob. The manual says it's the seat height adjustment, but nothing happens when I move it (maybe broken?).

Anyway, learning little by little. Will do some more forum searching when I finally make it home tomorrow.

Sorry for the long winded post - I'm just an excited new owner!
Gforrest2 is offline   Reply With Quote