View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Gforrest2

Another newb -more questions

Sorry, I know I should search the forum first, but I just bought an '03 Boxster off Ebay and I'm out of town picking it up and have limited computer access. So.......

Car won't start with first turn of key. Dash lights up but car won't crank. I need to turn the key back to "0" and then turn again and it usually starts. What am I doing wrong?

I figured out the two bottom buttons on the remote are for the hood and trunk release. Is this an option, because mine doesn't do anything when you press these buttons.

Do these cars come with an alarm, meaning, will the horn start blowing if the alarm is tripped. How is it armed and disarmed? Is it armed and disarmed when you lock and unlock with the remote?

And finally, and the most scary, how do the speedster humps attach? I was having a grand old time on my first drive, going about 70, music blasting and I happened to notice in the mirror that the driver's side hump was bouncing around. I thought it might go flying off. The guy I bought it from showed me how they just snap into place, but it looks like it's supposed to be strapped to something with a velco strap, but I don't see anything to wrap the strap to.

Anything else I should look out for? It's an 03 Boxster, manual transmission with 80k miles. It did have an oil change on June 15 .

Thanks. Looking forward to being part of this community.
Gforrest2 is offline   Reply With Quote