Thread: Actron scanners
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
yimmy149

"Vag-Com" sounds like it's mean for diagnosing lady problems to me.

The Durametric beta was not able to turn on the OBC on my 2001 S. It did make some changes to the cluster, as the back lights now stay on for 10 minutes after I leave the car, and I have a key in ignition & headlight gong.
We see that your instrument cluster unit accepts the commands Durametric sends successfully, but the unit does not make the coding change required to enable the OBC. This is the reason the unit says OBC is already disabled when you try to disable it.

It is our belief it is due to the hardware installation, or possibly due to another coding option that causes a conflict with the changes required on the instrument cluster. We recommend looking back over the your hardware connections to be sure everything is in place. When the instrument cluster unit is ready, the coding command sent to it by Durametric will be successful.
Considering the OBC stalk is just a four position switch, I don't think it's a wiring issue. I have a fairly fast laptop and find the beta 6 software to be painfully slow, but maybe they just have extra debugging code enabled right now.

-james

'01 Boxster S, 51k miles
'05 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Wagon
yimmy149 is offline   Reply With Quote