View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
t2-bxtrs

Wink Porsche Canada import vehicle

Just want to make a comment on your experience here.. i'm not sure when the last time you had brought a car in from the U.S. it sure sounds like they really want to discourage people from bringing them in.
If i remember right when i brought my 04S from the States in 2007, all i needed was a phone call to Porsche North America and they really was so accomodating and nice enough to send me the so called certification "NO RECALL" note with their Letter Head. That was all i needed to fax over the border in Fort Erie, together with the bill of sale from the dealer in the States 72 hrs prior to me crossing the border.
Paid my duties with Canada Customs and off i went , made my appointment with Canadian Tire shop for the daytime running light activation, etc.. done in no time.. paid another $200 to the RIV(Registrar of Imported Vehicle) got the sticker and that was it.....My car runs like a charm never had to bring it to a Stealership and all maintenance done by me and my nephew technician.... my box i can say drives and looks better than new ! detailed to the "T"..
i wish you luck!
thx
t2
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote