View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #12
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I can find 3 of them for $3-4k locally on CL right now. A $30k 75 Bronco had better have it's seats stuffed with $27k in cash.
In the same way that one could find a 97 Boxster for 7k if it was driven regularly and has the kind of wear and tear you'd expect from a nearly 15 year old car, I'm sure there are plenty of examples of nearly 40 year old Broncos that don't sell for huge figures. At the same time, I'm sure any Bronco that old that's going to be sold for 30k is going to be in pretty immaculate condition, or someone just wanted it a lot more than the other guy. I personally don't feel that the condition of that kid's Boxster would have had it in the 9k range as it appears in the photos and vids, unless that's how it has ended up as a result of his ownership and not the previous owner. Someone out there obviously does, because that's what they valued the car at for trade. It's really a matter of what it's worth to whoever's interested in the potential purchase. Some people out there feel it's normal to shell out $22 million for a single Ferrari GTO based on condition and race history.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote