View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
Kirk

With as low as these cars are the front bumper is going to take a beating. Maybe you should relax, have a cold beer, and don't worry about it too much. Of course I would follow up with the insurance though to see if they'll give you some money to fix it. I'd then pocket the money and save it for later.... Maybe a bit of polishing and cleaning with some rubbing compound would make it look better.

I'm just throwing this out there as you're a new owner and probably want to keep your "baby" looking pristine, but if you're going to drive it daily, then you'll need to accept that it's going to take a bit of a beating.

If you do decide to go the route of a new front bumper, I'd recommend the Porsche GT3 MK1 bumper. It's basically the same as the Boxster Aerokit I bumper. It's a direct fit, looks a bit better, and has that opening for the center radiator. You can see pics of one on my car in my signature line below.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote