View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
Yoadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliriousga
I had the same problem recently on the driver's side. It was the regulator so I replaced it using the Bentley manual. It took about 1 1/2-2 hours and wasn't bad.

If you do it, check with your fingers and make sure the forward part of the glass is actually down in the clamp that's on the regulator. Otherwise you will waste another hour or so like I did trying to figure out why the darn thing wouldn't raise and lower properly. I thought it was in, but when I stuck my finger over there it was sitting on top of the clamp.

Good luck!

Hi. I believe my passenger side regulator has bitten the dust. The window has had a really tough time going up for the past two weeks and it would start to drop down after getting halfway up, even while I was holding the button down to raise the window. Last night, I had to actually manually pull up on the window to get it all the way up.

How difficult would you rate the do it yourself job of repalcing the regulator with the assistance of a Bentley manual? I know this is somewhat subjective, but to give you an idea, I am not very mechanically inclined...

Stealership wants $670 for the job. LOL

I need more Cowbell!
Yoadrian is offline   Reply With Quote