View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #17
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSRM
they make alot because there were probablly more Civics sold in one year then 986's ever sold. So there's a market for alot of different designs.

Right, I think market is a big part of it. How many people modify their Hondas compared to Porsche owners? A lot of young kids get a cheap Honda given to them and then modify it as funds permit. There's a big market then for Honda tuner parts. Heck there are even whole magazines just dedicated to Honda tuning. Face it though, we're the minority when it comes to Boxster owners. Most Boxster owners are perfectly happy keeping their cars 100% stock. Many Porsche snobs feel it is an affront to the fine Porsche engineering to change anything!

I was reminded of this last Sunday when I went on a PCA tour. There were several Boxsters on the tour - all 100% stock. A lot of people ogled my Boxster as I had it dressed up nice in humps and all... but would any of those other owners even consider changing out their amber side markers to clear? Nope! I think the market is less limited by the number of Boxster cars as it is by the age and attitudes of most of the owners.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote