View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #12
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pothole
Looks very similar in many ways to my 1997 78k mile Box, particularly in the cabin which is nearly identical in terms of trim and wear, barring my gear shift gaiter which is a bit tired.

One thing I will say regards the roof - it's absolutely trivial to get it up and down even if the mechanism has totally lunched itself (as I know from experience!). It's the work of about two minutes to disconnect a few bits and then it goes up and down manually with ease. Short of a video of the thing going up and down, there's isn't much they could post image-wise that would prove the roof works properly. This is something that's easy enough to query and even easier to check on collection and before you fork over the cash.
pothole, I understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree, I'm just saying it wouldn't take much to put the top up for a few shots and show its condition as a part of the sale, not so much the mechanism, as I know exactly what you're saying, since the cable for the motor for my top fried the day I went to pick it up, leaving the seller to replace it that day. Pretty much only took him a half a day to knock it out, and works just fine. All I'm getting at is, if it's as pretty as the rest of the car then there's nothing to hide. I wouldn't be looking for a vid or anything, just a few pics.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote