View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
sb01box

this reply is of no help to you at the moment, but my 2001 is having the same problem with the passenger side.
Based on searching this forum, it sounds like the door mechanism has gone bad.
Behavior of my car.
The door lock LED on the switch would come on and off and if I try pressing the console switch when the LED is on, the horn would beep twice and the lights would flash.
It was not too bad with just the horn, other than the car beeping when I open the trunk, but now the window does not drop fully and at times would go go fully up with the door opened and the window top hits the frame of the convertible when the door is shut. the door does not shut properly if the window is not down.
I have taken the door panel off and found that the harness connected to the door latch mechanism when wiggled would modulate the window up and down as though the door is being open and closed.
I can't find any fault on the harness and the corresponding pins on the door mechanism appear to be solid. So I'm guessing that when the harness is wiggled, a mechanical movement within the door mechanism is inducing short/open on the switch sense line(s)
I need to get hold of 8 mm tripple square wrench to loosen the two bolts so that I can pull the mechanism out of the door for examination and replacement.

good luck in finding the source of your problem.

Tad
sb01box is offline   Reply With Quote