View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:17 AM   #13
Dave S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersExpress
It was explained to us by our agent that SF covers the full cost of replacement for any aftermarket parts that are documented on the policy. Which goes back to the original problem, our Agent told us SF did not do riders any more, that our premium wouldnt change, and it would be fully covered by SF as long as it was all documented (which it was). The same agent our family has had for the last 30 years.

Adam
Sorry about your loss. I hate criminals.

What does your agent have to say for himself now and why isn't he helping you in this claims process? If he misrepresented your coverage, you should take him to small claims court - no lawyer, just the facts and receipts and any written correspondence you have with your agent regarding the coverage.

Also you are at fault if you failed to actually read your policy and verify that what you were told was actually in your written policy contract. It sounds harsh, but you are an intelligent adult with a written contract and should clearly know what it says. It is the final legal word unless you can prove some misrepresentation. If you had actually read your policy, you would have been able to question the representations made by your agent, citing the actual policy language you would have been concerned about. Reading your policy would have taken 10 minutes and been time well spent.

I'm guessing you are not going to get satisfaction on this, but it's still worth a try.

If nothing else, at least you have shared this lesson of how not to manage a legal contract with everyone else on this forum. No one watches out for your best interests except you.

Sorry, I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds. And I too learned this lesson the hard way 25 years ago when my motorcycle was stolen with a bunch of aftermarket equipment on it.

All that said, be persistent with your agent and the claims adjuster. You don't have to accept what they offer and can keep the claim open until you feel you have gotten everything you are going to get from them. Of course if you need the money for the totalled car right away you are at a disadvantage.

Last edited by Dave S.; 07-08-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote