View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #17
landrovered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186
this is a way too melodramatic. I have driven on a few bent rims in my lifetime. its not a life threatening situation. Ive driven on mustang wheels which were 700 dollars for rims and tires. and at faster speeds.

the worst thing likely to happen is that you bend a rim and replace it with another cheapo only to bend in short order.

you can also fear falling planes, north korea's nukes or meteors those too will threaten you and your family... but they are no reason to live in a bomb shelter.

The rim to which I was refering originally was thin, cheaply made and cracked. Cracked rims do not hold air, they release air in a rapid fashion, rim blow outs in corners can cause rapid destabilization of a car especially if they occur on the front of the vehicle. This can cause you to swerve into oncoming traffic.

I would not drive on cheap ass rims any more than I would drive on bald maypop tires.

Do as you wish and i will do the same but IMO you folks are trying to save a little coin to stroke your egos.

If you wanted these wheels for racing then money would be no object if the more expensive wheels got you a half a second a lap, this arguement is all about looks.