View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
Do the folks you talked to fulfill the lifetime warranty for 50 internet sites? I would find out who is carrying the liabilty insurance for the group before I bought and if they were made in the EU then they will have a TUV stamp. No stamp, no dice.
Don't be so quick to bash them.

Many of the cars in my house have had Momo & BBS wheels,they were nothing special...they bent in time just like every other wheel.

Currently at the moment both Porsches in my house have wheels from

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/specials_packages_item.asp?id=20&part=ALY67304U#ALY67304U (not these exact ones but same manufacturer and web site bought from)

Many miles on both sets,no problem,still straight and true according to our alignment shop. Deal was impressed with them as well. Only reason they noticed was when they took the wheels off they saw the 'NOT ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER' stamp on the inside of them.

I'm slammed my last Boxster(which had replicas from same manufacturer) into a sidewall,dragged the wheel along a sidewall,had the car at a repair shop and they said the only thing that didn't need to be replaced wheel,it could use a touch up from really deep scratches,it wasn't even bent...

Last edited by blinkwatt; 07-06-2010 at 11:57 AM.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote