View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #18
dennis

Funny story. I was in Germany in business last month, was going to take the tour, but had little to no time. Prior to my trip, I emailed Porsche Engineering in Germany (forgot how I located the email address, some Google search I'm sure) and I wrote a long note on how the IMS issue is a known manufacturing defect and asked what are they working on as a corrective action in the aftermarket and in new production, etc. The next day, a customer service rep from somewhere in the US called me. She asked me what the basis of my inquiry was about (kinda funny that she didn't know or pretended to not know) I explained to her the issue and how large of a problem it is and asked HER what Porsche is doing about it, and she said Porsche has no recorded data on any issues with the engine IMS bearing, and basically that was the end of the conversation. They are obviously so aware of it, that they make sure their global reps squash any negative talk ASAP before it spreads, but no fix in sight. I guess, from what I read, they have rectiified the problem on current yr models, or they just don't have enough cumulative miles on them yet?
dennis is offline   Reply With Quote