View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppmo
"There have been three IMS failures on this message board since I joined a few years back. That's troubling because we have a small membership here. "

Wow - I would have guessed more by the posts. See what I mean by perception? I've been one here for over a month and thought the count was way higher. Thanks for that information.

I counted over 19,000 registered members. Members list (30 per page x 647 pages) 30x647= 19,410

But I'm sure people come and go.

FYI: jmho (just my humble opinion).

I doubt there are more than 40 regular posters on this board. Most only come on to ask a question or lurk. When I said 3 failures I was only including members who posted here regularly. For such a small group that seems WAY TOO HIGH.
I've found similar situation occuring on the Pelican and Rennlist 911 forums. Small comunities with a few too many of these catastrophic engine fails.
Obviously not scientific but I think the probabibility of the failure is one of those type of pitfalls that can happen at any time to any car and the mere fact that it rarely happens is more a matter of chance. I don't like leaving my car up to chance.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote