View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #37
Lil bastard

OK... made it home tonight.

Car ran great the whole way, just a blast (at least as much a blast as you can have on cruise control and 5th gear for hrs. on end.

Special Shout to QuicKurt! I went to Autoworks in Macon GA to have the fluids changed. Met Randy and his mechanic. Great guys and they were amazed at the car and it's condition.

Despite knowing you (and he does say you truly are 'Quick' btw and warned me away from your political Blog... lol), he could not have been more accommodating. Ran the car up on a lift and inspected everything. Did the oil swap and was very reasonable. Wish I lived closer, because he'd definitely be my guy!

Thanks foir the recommendation. Even though I PM'd you and asked for his name/number and you did not reply (understandable, we're all busy), I picked the Porsche Mechanic from Google Search (3 came up) which I thought might best describe him.

I had my wife call ahead and something got messed up in translation. I walked into the shop the next day and asked for Randy. He said he thought I was going to another shop. I said no, I intended to come here, but he seemed somewhat reluctant to assist me.

I then asked if he knew Kurt from Jacksonville and all of a sudden we were 'Brothers of Another Mother', he got right to it, said I could pay by check to preserve my 'Road Cash'. Really did a nice job and again, confirmed what I'd been told and saw myself that this car is a true time-capsule. Had me on my way within 2 hrs.

Anyone in the Atlanta/Macon area would be well served by going to see Randy at Autoworks in Macon!

Thanks again Kurt for your recommendation!

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote