Thread: RADIO/Navi?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
trieullionaire

Included!

Thank you sir! Yeah we include the hvac relocation bezel w/ the kit along with all the major parts to get the job done. For the 97-02 models, it is pretty much plug & play. The 03-04 w/ Bose, well you just need to bypass the amp...an aftermarket amp is recommended.

Attached is a pic which reference how it works in the 9X7 vehicles w/ the Bose amp. We don't have a compatible adapter for the 9X6 MOST Bus (Bose) but the concept is the same, bypass amp and connect audio output signal(s) to the speaker wire harness that was once connected to the factory Bose amp.

You can use this same procedure for non MOST 9X6 vehicles as well if you want to use an aftermarket amp instead of the factory amp.

Btw, door speakers...I haven't done a search on this site for a while regarding how folks are replacing them. But I remembered a while back often times the baffles were removed to use aftermarket speakers. I found the easiest way was to actually use the existing baffle. To accommodate aftermarket speakers, the surface of where the speakers are seated need to be raised about 1/8 of an inch. To do this, I used neoprene (wet suit material) and traced the original speakers onto this material. Cut the traced out border and a circle large enough to slip from behind onto the new speakers. And voila, you can use stock baffle and existing speaker plug to connect your preferred 5 1/4 speakers in the doors.
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote