View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #12
Cloudsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al83s
Actually, creating a GT3 Cup inspired boxster with Cup flares and front end is a neat idea, I though about it myself.
Of course, the car would need to be powerfull and lightweight to back up the looks and installing a bunch of speakers, in-dash dvd and such defeats the purpose.
Im interested to see what kind of powerpland it really has.
If this car really is powered by a low mileage 3.4 m96 engine with a real dry sump, H/R coilovers, and the mentioned brake system - its not half bad.
The expensive part seems to be done already (engine, suspension, most of body work). Now - just a whole bunch of loose ends to finish
This thing sure is different from your average Boxster.
Good luck to who ever decides to buy it.
The "GT Cup Boxster" is a cool idea, but it would need to be done right. For practicality sake, an M96 engine is needed- just either build a 3.8 or think about a pair of turbos (I've had thoughts of twin turbos on one of my cars, losing the rear trunk for a GIANT intercooler), a built gearbox with LSD, fender flares, big tires, appropriate aero mods, suspension and brake upgrades, light seats, as much of a diet as possible (so no huge stereo), and you'd have a fun car.

My issue with this thing for sale is mainly that I don't trust a damn thing the guy says about it, since he clearly doesn't know a damn thing about it. If I could talk to the guy who built the car, and size him up as a non-moron, that might give me some interest in taking the project over to finish, but as it sits, I wouldn't touch the car, short of wanting to use it for parts.