View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 AM   #24
eightsandaces

PE, I know it feels like crap, you're young, you will have more sports cars. This lad in HS always wanted to race. I tried to tell him repeatedly that road & track had already evaluated the MG/Fiat race, it wasn't even close. Twin overhead cams against what amounted to a tractor engine. Not to mention, back when it mattered with points and timing, I practiced tuned that car pretty much monthly to enable myself to do non supervised tune ups at work, needless to say, the car was always on point.

Somewhere in my senior year he tried to pass me on a two lane with double yellows as we left the school, we ended up racing and he lost horrendously. About two weeks later, I came out from a movie date to find my wipers bent into pretzels and every panel on the vehicle keyed. I could never prove he did it but of course he did. At the time it was equally devastating to your own event. There are more Boxsters, especially easy to get a deal on a tiptronic, if it's totaled, move on and find your next joyride

The only good thing was the end of the year when he blindside sucker punched me for telling everyone he drove like my nana. After he scratched my car, I made it clear he lost the race. When he tagged me at the locker I didn't go down, I'm a southpaw, when I turned and hit him the punch was clean. his eye immediately started swelling, looking back, that was worth another paint job. I never fought much in HS but I won that one.

Last edited by eightsandaces; 06-01-2010 at 02:19 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote