View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
RandallNeighbour

Comet and some elbow grease will really a number on the window. Be sure to use as little water as possible to insure maximum grittyness

NOT

Years ago, my grandmother called me and whispered into the phone, "Randall, I need you to come over and see the mess I've made to your grandfather's car."

I said, "What's wrong with it?"

"Well" she said, "I went under a bridge and they were pouring concrete and it put tiny drops all over the hood, roof and trunk of the car. I tried everything to get it off before your grandfather came out and saw it, but nothing worked until I used the brillo pad."

________________________ <-- this is my reply. Yes, for once in my life I was speechless. However, I was thinking "OH ****************!"

As she started to cry, she said, "The car looks worse than ever now. I scratched the paint here and there and I need you to come over and see if you can buff it out."

Gentlemen, I had never seen such a nice paint job on a 1 year old car look so bad. It looked like a dozen cats with 50 claws on each paw tore into that paint job all over the place. She scrubbed on that paint job for at least two hours with what I saw.

Thank God my grandfather couldn't drive any longer and didn't have to look at her work day after day. Sadly, I could not clean it up much... but I did use a light rubbing compound and a good wax and it really reduced it from what she saw when drying the car off after the brillo pad scrubbing.

:ah:

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 07-01-2005 at 11:28 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote