View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
mdimant

Cooler aux fan relay

Hi Randall, I have read your posts b4 & you sound quite savvy without being a know it all! I have a 2k Box S & after some intake & exhaust improvements that are very satisfying, I have installed a 160 t-stat and would like to lower the aux fan limits to compliment ths stat as the car runs much better in the warm up phase than at the stock op temp, which I understand is set to assist in EPA compliance. It runs nicely & stays @ the '1' of 180 until I drive it agressively, and it heats up a bit because the fans are not set to help till 210 or so. These temp gauges suck if you ask me & they seem designed to have you think the car is not as hot as it really is! I don't care if the heater is'nt real hot, but when the needle is just on the right side of the '0' of 180 I beleive it to be about 210. From everything I have read on the lower op temps, it is beneficial in all aspects accept mileage, which I don't care much about. These are not gas hogs for the performance they offer. Where or how would you suggest I address this sensor/relay issue to get aux fans in allignment with the stat? I want the fans on @ 180+-. BTW, the stat is a Hypertech #1014 for a '97-02 Vette. Thanks man! Martin 253-514-9002 mdimant@comcast.net
mdimant is offline   Reply With Quote