Thread: burning smell
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
jcb986

The belt is easy. Put your top in service mode, in other words, open the top to about 7-12 inches then stop. Slide both seat all the way forward. The carper behind the seat has 4-5 plastic clips on the top, you need a little screw driver to pry them up. I pull the carpet from one side out a little and then continue to remove it. I have never had to remove the console. You will now see the engine cover which has about 12, 10MM bolts to remove. Once the cover is off you can see the belt and the front of the engine. You need a 1/2" drive breaker bar which a 27MM socket. By putting the socket and drive on the tensioner bolt, you push down with one hand and pull the belt off the tensioner, then let up on the drive. Note how the belt is thread thru and around everything. Just do everything in reverse and your finished. Start engine and let run for minute or two, to be sure you have it right. and do other visuals while your at it.
Not sure about the headers.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote