View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
pficarra1@rochester.

Question 1124 1126 problem Help

I have 1124 1126 codes on my 1999 Boxster(94K) and have no luck finding the air leak . I have replaced the MAF and fuel filter. I have looked for vacuum leaks with a unlit propane torch. I hear no hissing sound from the motor. The engine runs smooth at 800 rpm and the independent Porsche shop that installed the new MAF said " this car runs too good to have a vacuum leak". I have pulled off the oil fill cap while it was running with no suction resistance. There is no smoke out the back of the car so I am wondering if the AOS baffles could be leaking and the car could run so good? I guess replacing the AOS would be my next step but I could use some help. I might also mention that I R and R ed the gas tank to replace the front trunk floor that was damaged from the previous owner going off the road. I was very careful when reinstalling the gas tank to get all the lines in place but I am second guessing my self and may drop the gas tank to check it at last resort. If the an air line pulled off the gas tank would that cause the 1124-1126 codes? This car runs like a bear and I love it but I see a no inspection ticket in my future. Please Help.
pficarra1@rochester. is offline   Reply With Quote