View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #12
23109VC

boxsters are not slow, but nor are they fast..at least not ours.

my 2000 is about as fast as yours...maybe a smidgen faster as my engine is a tad bigger. the S cars are noticeably faster than mine...

if you read the specs in the car mags, a 350Z should be faster.they have more power, but then again, they also weigh more.

"race" is a vague term. did you race from a dead stop and if so, to what speed? did you race from a roll? did you get the jump on him? a slower car can "beat" a faster car if the slower car gets going first... if two cars are racing and one takes off first....the othe rcar will have a very hard time catching up unless it is a LOT faster than the other one.

the last thing I'll mention - I got a chance to drive a buddy's 350Z once. I remember being kind of excited to drive it - as I had never been in one, I got a change to really drive it - not just wuss it around, but push it. and there has been so much hype about the Z. After I finished my time behind the wheel - I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO unimpressed. it was NOT that fast and was not much fun to drive. I have driven other cars and reallly enjoyed them - the Z...just sucked.

i wouldn't really care if it beat you like crazy. you wouldn't want it over your boxster.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote