View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
justinr

It sounds great! I had to turn down the gain on the amp to prevent the subs from overpowering the system. My box doesn't have much flex, but I also just wanted a sub to fill in the bottom end, rather than pound and annoy those around me. Its much more bass than I expected, but it still needs to be tuned.

The way I built mine, I lose about 1.5" of space, maybe about an inch, but I found that acceptable. I can make it differently so it does not interfere with the seat, but It would have required making it slightly higher which I was not willing to do. I'll try to get more details up after my final installation. I have a multi channel amp going into the front trunk next week and I need to make a panel cover to go overtop of it.

With respect to flex, on a larger sub with high output, I've seen bigger boxes flex noticably. If you want to avoid that, you need to really build up the fiberglass which adds weight, and I wasn't willing to do that. A box with a .5 cft volume can easily be 15+lbs. I figure mine is about 10.
justinr is offline   Reply With Quote