View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
23109VC

the car mags have all been talking about a "baby boxster"... I wonder if Porsche will make a whole "new" boxster line/body style..or if they will simply create THREE variants of the boxster...

they can keep the "S" and "base" model with 6 cyl engines and create a new "lower" line wiht a 4banger and less luxury stuff....

dunno if the "cheap" one will look the same...I would think it would look simlar but be "Just" enough different that "s" and "base" buyers will feel like their cars stands out as "better" than the cheap one....

just like the boxster increased Porsches volume when it first cam eout - maybe this "baby boxster" will be cheap enough and sell in great enough numbers that Porsche will generate more money / increase volume even more and perhaps bring new customers into the dealership that had not come in before.... depens on pricing...
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote