Thread: Seat repair
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
Mark_T

I looked into re-upholstering my seats last year and the quotes I got were in the $1500 to $2500 range. The problem was that for every upholsterer I checked out I found mixed reviews - some peeps said they were good while others said they were a drunken horror show. I've seen bad upholstery and I just didn't want to take the chance on getting a poor job.

This might be your lucky day. I have a 99 box with the grey interior and regular seats - manual sliders with power recline. My drivers seat is a bit rough with a couple of tears, but the passenger seat is almost perfect - very minimal wear.

Why is this lucky, you ask? I've just bought a pair of gorgeous black sports seats (with the crest) and when they show up in a few days I will be looking to sell off my present ones. The shipping from Toronto to Winnipeg is going to be $175 for my new seats and, as the distance from me to you isn't much further, I'm guessing that it would definitely be under $200 to get my old ones to you, even with crossing the border. Probably less if I put them on the bus. I'd want $400 for the pair (sorry - won't sell just one, unless you want to pay $400 for it but save some shipping money) and you can likely recoup some of that by selling off the two ratty ones.

Another option is seat covers. I bought a pair of black neoprene seat covers from RandallNeighbor as a short term fix and they actually look decent. I paid $60 plus shipping for them and that's what I would pass them on to you for if you were interested.

Anyway, pm me if you are interested.

Mark
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote