View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
eightsandaces

The problem with cones on a Boxster is most destroy the airbox, having the negative effect of increasing the intake air temperature. Whether one believes oiled cloth or paper ruins an engine or under-performs in it's filtration duties, is as personal as a religion choice; especially on this BB! (haha). Anyway, IMO, people get into trouble when they clean and (re oil) these units. If a person slathers their filter with the oil in the K&N recharge kit, they might as well source a MAF that day.

There are a couple different flat panel high flow units or paper, Fabspeed sells an expensive version of a K&N.

Again, my opinion only, since you already have the cone and you are not changing the oil as it was applied at the manufacturer, you are far safer than what I described above. If the airbox is incomplete, and there is an opportunity to encase the cone, I'd certainly concentrate on that.

PS Anyone who knows what they call the head on the "special" fasteners on the MAF or where to get the magic tool for said fasteners, please advise...

Last edited by eightsandaces; 04-29-2010 at 03:27 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote