View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #12
2TrunkSteve

That's the one.

I have average mechanical skills (at best) and a $150 set of Craftsmen tools along with a floor jack and jack stands. The only part I struggled with was getting the coolant hose clamps undone, they weren't hard to undue, I just couldn't quickly figure it out just by looking. Otherwise it wasn't too difficult. I would rate it a 3 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. I took my time and cleaned everything as I went. I could have done it faster if I had too.

As far as results, I didn't realize how bad off the car was until after I replaced the motor mount. I think it deteriorated gradually so that I didn't notice. I originally thought the clutch was going because reverse was difficult and the car would stall if you weren't careful with the clutch. The 3k RPM issue was bad too, so I figured I would start with the engine mount. I was suprised to find it fixed both issues. As far as the level of vibrations go, it's different than it was (much improved), but it's not Honda smooth. My car never was completely vibration free but I have no difference in the 3k RPM harshness over any other part of the powerband. It's a performance car and I expect some reasonable amount of harshness.
2012 Tunda - Dad Hauler
Fat Tire - Favorite Beer
2TrunkSteve is offline   Reply With Quote