View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
jwade

I'd love to tell everyone to run dental floss under these plastic sills to get them off but it just didn't work at all for me....oem adhesive was heavy underneath so I had to resort ot another option, which turned out to ge great!

If you do this mod yourself, go buy some interior molding removal tools...found here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=67021&xcamp=google&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&zmam=13262200&zmas=12&zmac=112&zmap=67021

Use these and you can pry them off without scratching paint or killing your hands. The one on the passenger side was very stubborn, but I finally got it out after it broke into 3 pieces....

Make sure you have some Goof Off too. Spray this on the oem adhesive for a couple minutes and use the molding tools to scratch it off. It won't scratch the paint I promise...just don't go too hard at it and let the Goof Off do it's job...Then wipe down a few times with towels to remove, and repeat the process until all the adhesive off and you have a bare paint finish left.

All I can say is that this took about an hour + to get both sides of the car, but the oem Tequipment door sills in stainless steel are definately worth the upgrade. Wow, quality and finish is second to none.

I can post some picts if anyone wants to see them. Just at the office killing time for a 700pm meeting. Wish I was out driving. Damn it's so nice here this evening.

Jon

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote