View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 06:41 AM   #7
Perfectlap

I have a strategy that I employ (will share via PM) that unfortunately has become necessary because so many play right into Ebay's hands by using automated bidding.

That automatic bidding by far the worst thing that has happened to Ebay in the 12 years I've been using it. "Ebay will take your highest bid and engage in a furious bidding war so that you win!"<----this is literraly what they once had on their site pusing automated bidding. Why on Earth would you ever want to be part of bidding war if you can avoid it?? It guarantees that Ebay gets its maximum commission and the buyer's probability of getting a good deal vaporizes. Great for sellers and Ebay but terrible for bidders willing to put in the effort to scratch out a great deal. And those paypal fees are so high that automated bidding is seen as a necessary evil by sellers on no reserve auctions. Nice how Ebay set that up... They win both ways.

Its kinda like showing up to a dealer auto auction during a blizzard or monsoon.
If those interested in bidding actually have to be there it makes for a great auction. If these software programs let EVERYONE sit on the beach while human bidders are watching the countdown clock it creates a dis-incentive for future auctions. Next thing you know fewer and fewer bidders bother to show up. A really stupid move in the long run for Ebay because they will and have disgruntled long time users start using Amazon instead. Seems like more and more Ebay is just awash in product getting no bids because the margins are down to nothing for sellers and its become less of an auction site and more of billboard. And It's simply not worth the Ebay hassle if something goes wrong with the product down line just to save a few bucks on Ebay. Amazon is much easier to deal with in the event of a problem or dispute with the Ebay seller. If I'm not wrong, Ebay is still the only major E-Commerce corporation that you can't simply call up on the phone to complain as a buyer (only powersellers). That's just farking unacceptable for a compnay raking in billions.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-19-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote