View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #20
Kale

Make Boxster faster

It's not advisable in the continental US, but I live in Hawaii with no emission standards. A 20 year Porsche mechanical guru took the existing codes from the car computer and sent them to Germany. The manufacturer then returned the factory codes with my VIN # and with original manufacturer codes. The new codes were re programmed into the cars computer for $395 and the car is no longer detuned with American emission standards. I now have a 1999 2.5 Boxster that whips my neighbors 2002 3.2S. Gas mileage has increased from 18-24mpg in the city and up to over 30mpg on what little freeways we have here. Horsepower has increased 50-70hps. It runs rich and wants to jump to a higher gear at 4000rpm. It took about 20 starts to set all the codes, however I noticed a huge performance change immediately. I was skeptical, however found 20 Cayman and 911 owners in Hawaii that had this procedure done. All you have to do is befriend your Porsche mechanic each year upon emission check, pay a small fee of $150 and you will love the results.
Kale is offline   Reply With Quote