View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
ChrisZang

Gary, going to the track ?

the reason why I am asking is unless you either go to the track or drive at absolutely illegal speeds you won't get any bang for the buck out of any of your brake upgrades (I think the suspension upgrades are great, btw).

So if I had the extra Dollar (or in your case Pound Sterling) to spend I'd put them somewhere else.

One big word of advise about the Pagid pads:
They are race pads and are designed to work at race temperatures (and I mean race temperatures), where they shine. At normal temperatures they are only so-so. But if your intention is to use them for daily driving you will hate them (trust me). They are amongst the noisiest pads ever made and they will drive you (and everyone else on the road) absolutely bonkers with their loud, high pitch squeal. When I go to the track (with my daily driver) I put them in the night before I leave for the track and I usually get a lot of stares and some "friendly advise" from fellow motorists: "Hey buddy fix your f***ing brakes!"

I am not trying to patronize you here, just trying to help you in avoiding a costly mistake.
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car

Last edited by ChrisZang; 04-15-2010 at 03:50 AM.
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote